Skip to main content

Catholic swine flu restrictions liftted

On Thursday, the New Zealand Health Ministry told our Catholic Bishops that the swine flu restrictions were no longer necessary, despite the fact that we are still on Code Yellow.

Had I not checked NZ Catholic's website, I would have had no idea that the restrictions were lifted, as their lifting didn't make quite the same impact in the news as the initial restrictions themselves. And no, I don't really check the NZ Catholic website particularly often, nor do I keep track of the Bishop's media releases, as they hardly ever make them.

No mention at all that one of the restrictions is illegal by Church law as I documented in a previous post.

While I am happy that the restrictions have been lifted, I am concerned that a precedent has been set that no one has challenged. Therefore, this sort of thing could happen again with the slightest of pretexts.

A letter to the Vatican might be in order.

Related Link: NZ bishops lift swine flu restrictions ~ NZ Catholic

Comments

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.