Skip to main content

Dirty Politics has helped me decide to vote National

Nicky Hager's book, Dirty Politics and the fallout from it has helped me decide to vote National in this election. It looks like I'm not the only one if the latest Roy Morgan poll is anything to go by.

National's picked up two percentage points to give it a rating of 48, while Labour's down two to put it on a rating of 27.5 percent.

The Greens have also dipped slightly on 11.5 percent and coupled with Labour they're still nine percent shy of National.

With any luck, anything else Kim DotCom might have planned may turn into an own goal.

If a petition were circulated for his extradition, I wonder how many would sign it?

Related link: 'Dirty Politics' fallout only increases National's standing - poll ~ NewsTalkZB

Comments

  1. Given that this post is entirely absent of anything that could remotely be considered thought provoking, it is perhaps not surprising at all that you should decide to simply follow the herd. And I congratulate you for that, for to be drawn into the misguided reasonings for your fond infatuation, would be a dolarosa I surely could not bare. Thankfully God does not make us suffer beyond what we are able. So for your commission and ommission I sincerely thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused about this; the entire blog implies you are a Catholic (and a fairly conservative one at that), so how on earth could you possibly vote National? I could understand if you were to say that you plan to vote 'Conservative' or maybe even 'NZ First' but I don't know how any other parties could possibly be in the running (for a Christian person) just based on social and moral issues. It's the equivalent of a Jewish or Muslim person voting for compulsory bacon sandwiches; it just doesn't make sense.
    People are free to make their own decisions but at least they should be consistent in their stance.
    That's my two cents worth anyway. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew,


    Well ... given the risk that if National doesn't get in, we'll get a bunch of communists that are just plain scary, how can I not vote for National?


    I read an article a while back about the situation in Ukraine, whereby the crisis at the Maidan drew all parts of their society together. Political differences went out the window as everyone pulled together.


    While we are not under physical attack here in NZ, we are under political attack by a man who seems to be willing to do anything to not be extradited.


    I could probably write a very long post about all of my reasoning, but I just don't have time for that right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.