Skip to main content

A prayer for Christchurch


Comments

  1. I still haven't been able to get hold of a few people.
    Any word on Mr Tips?
    Wasn't he in Christchurch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciaron,

    Thank God!. I hope your family is alright as well?

    FFM,

    No and yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers to the people of Christchurch and all the visitors caught up in the disaster.

    I have some relatives in Christchurch (it's my home town) and I still don't know how they are. Hopefully today.

    Regular Ch-Ch visitors, please post a comment here so we know how you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My biggest inconvenience yesterday was a 6km walk home. Even though I was in the CBD at the time (I work across the river from Pyne Gould), we got off VERY lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone I know is safe.
    One left for Invercargill a few months ago.
    Rick Giles of ACT on Campus was out in the countryside.
    One was supposed to be cleaning inside the CTV building with his father at the time of the quake but plans changed at the last minute.
    I am not religious but I said a prayer and asked others too.
    I hope we hear from Mr Tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FFM,

    That's great that everyone you know is safe.

    If you do believe there is someone out there, then praying doesn't hurt. All of us have an internal compass type pull towards God. We just don't tend to notice it if we don't think we need it.

    I hope we hear from Mr Tips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lucia Maria

    Any word from Mr Tips?
    And what about Zen's rellies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. All my rellies accounted for and doing OK, all things considered.

    One of my cousins has had to move out of their house because the damage is so bad, but has been offered accommodation with a friend.

    The other is fine and helping house some Red Cross workers who are there to help. He's flat off his feet but in good spirits.

    He said all sorts of people from overseas (like clients and customers) have been checking to see if he is OK and he's been really touched by the fact people have been thinking of him and his family.

    I'm going to have to go down there and visit, but I'll wait a while I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.