Skip to main content

A website I have never been able to access

Catholic Insight looks to be a very interesting Catholic website. Over the years a number of searches have turned up what could have been very useful articles. Only if I could access the site, that is.

Every single time, over the last I don't know how many years that I've tried to access the Catholic Insight website, I have got the following error message in Firefox:
Problem loading page

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Internet Explorer, on the same computer, just seems to go into an infinite loop until it gives up.

Safari on my iPhone has this error:
Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred.
The strange thing is, this error only seems to occur for people trying to access the site from New Zealand or Australia. Last year, I posted a comment on LifeSiteNews when they published a Catholic Insight article, detailing my problems with accessing the site. Another lady from Australia had the same problem. I was hoping that someone from Catholic Insight would notice and maybe do something to fix the problem with their site, but no.

Last week I tracked down their domain record with contact emails and email the technical person. No reply so far.

So, I'm resorting to a blog post, with the hope that it will turn up high enough in Google search so that someone will notice and contact Catholic Insight and tell them they have a problem.

Now, everyone reading this, if you can't access the site, please leave a comment and include your country. If can access the site and you are from New Zealand or Australia, please let me know as well.

Here it is: Catholic Insight

Comments

  1. Odd. I can access it just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Muerk,

    Thanks, that's useful to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jeremy.

    Maybe this is why they've been ignoring me. Weird, that I have the same problem on my iPhone as well, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just did a search on my iPhone via 3G.

    Works on there for me too. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeremy! Thank you! It's my WiFi or my broadband connection! I can connect to it using the 3G network! Holy Cow. Why didn't I think of checking that before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, just phoned my brother who has TelstraClear broadband as well, and he has the same problem. So, it's either a TelstraClear problem, or the Catholic Insight website is doing something weird with certain broadband connections.

    If there are any other TelstraClear broadband customers out there who can or can't access the site, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get it on Google Chrome. I tried IE and Firefox, and failed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grantavius,

    Do you have broadband as well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seem to be able to access it OK as well. Here's a screenshot.

    You could try using a proxy site, such as (type in the URL where the brown part is), or

    There are a slew of anonymous proxy sites on the net. Not sure why you'd need to though. Maybe it's something to do with firewall settings?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, those links didn't come through. Lets try again -

    Cucumber Mix

    Proxify

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suspect the problem may be Telstra, as it took them over a month to not install our connection I'd be mighty surprised if yours worked perfectly :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciaron,

    It could be. My brother has a friend who works for them, so he's going to see if his friend can look into it.

    I'll have to check other wifi networks and see if the problem is wifi related rather than TelstraClear, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.