Skip to main content

Daylight Saving Ripoff?

sun2

As most people who regularly visit this blog know, I wasn't in favour of the extending of Daylight Saving. I don't mind it in the middle of Summer and I think it went on quite long enough, thank-you-very-much, without extending it.

I like my sleep and dislike having to get up in the dark. However, the Government in it's infinite wisdom decided to extend it by three weeks due to a petition largely signed by sports clubs and the like.

Notice the bold bit in the previous sentence? THREE WEEKS. There was going to be a week added to the beginning and two weeks added to the end. Well, according to the news (and my computer which I haven't patched) the changeover back to normal time should have happened overnight if we were playing by last year's times.

So, the clocks are supposed to go back now on the 6th of April. But hang on - that's THREE WEEKS away from now. That means that FOUR weeks have been added onto the DS we already had?

I'm being ripped off another week of morning sleep somewhere.....

I am sure those who like DS will be happy though.

Comments

  1. That is because it was extended based on the number of Sundays in March being 4. So it has gone from the third Sunday in March to the first Sunday in April, but there are FIVE Sundays in this March. Hence the three week gap rather than the two expected.

    BTW I also hate DST as it means I spend most of my life getting up in the dark.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate DS too--mainly because I have to get up very early and it's difficult to get to sleep while the sky's still light and the kids are playing out on the street.
    grrrr....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.