Friday, April 16, 2010

Andrei A song for Ele (Homepaddock)

Ele Ludeman is a farmers wife and a blogger.

Sometimes we do quizzes on her blog or discuss history, films or literature, but it is often music where I connect over there.

As a South Canterbury North Otago farmers wife rain or the lack of it is a subject never far from her mind and this concern is expressed in her posts from time to time.

She has such a post up today: It rained.

Put me in mind of this old song, which was conceived by Steve Earle while performing at a Farm Aid concert in Manor Texas to raise money to help keep family farmers on their land when times get tough.



2 comment(s):

Inventory2 said...

Great post Andrei, but there's just one slight problem; describing someone from North Otago as being from South Canterbury is a bit like calling a Kiwi an Aussie! It's the thought that counts though!

homepaddock said...

"It's the thought that counts though!"

A lovely thought it was too. I always appreicate your comments on my musical posts, and thanks for introducing me to this song.

I made the silly mistake of putting Manitoba in the USA in a post a couple of days ago. Given that, I'd be criticising the speck in your eye while ignoring the log in my own if I was to worry that you didn't know I live on the right side of the Waitaki River :)

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.