Skip to main content

A song for Ele (Homepaddock)

Ele Ludeman is a farmers wife and a blogger.

Sometimes we do quizzes on her blog or discuss history, films or literature, but it is often music where I connect over there.

As a South Canterbury North Otago farmers wife rain or the lack of it is a subject never far from her mind and this concern is expressed in her posts from time to time.

She has such a post up today: It rained.

Put me in mind of this old song, which was conceived by Steve Earle while performing at a Farm Aid concert in Manor Texas to raise money to help keep family farmers on their land when times get tough.



Comments

  1. Great post Andrei, but there's just one slight problem; describing someone from North Otago as being from South Canterbury is a bit like calling a Kiwi an Aussie! It's the thought that counts though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's the thought that counts though!"

    A lovely thought it was too. I always appreicate your comments on my musical posts, and thanks for introducing me to this song.

    I made the silly mistake of putting Manitoba in the USA in a post a couple of days ago. Given that, I'd be criticising the speck in your eye while ignoring the log in my own if I was to worry that you didn't know I live on the right side of the Waitaki River :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.