Skip to main content

Feedback Loop


Blog New Zealand Life Coach had a cool idea. Take on a bit of the bad news and write a "Pollyanna Post" to lighten things up a little. We could all try a bit of that from time to time. So I will attempt something similar. I thought I'd pass on a bit of positive feedback on people I might otherwise target for a bit of political point scoring. So yeah, for what it's worth, these stories are true. Deal with it.


My first true story concerns Labour MP Chris Carter. I happen to know first hand he was in a position to do a (non-political) favour for some-one he didn't know, via a request from a mutual acquaintance. He was working late, had to fly back from Wellington to Auckland even later, and yet made a big effort to help this person out. Maybe it was no more than what any decent person would do, but that therefore, was very decent of him. Thanks Chris Carter.

My second story concerns the currently disgraced Mary Anne Thompson.

I know a person, whose opinion I respect, mentioned he had worked for Mary Anne whilst she was head of Immigration. He found her very good to work for, and good at her job. So I'm not going to get distracted with all the other issues around her story right now, and just allow myself this thought: she was at least good at her job and respected by some of her workers and peers.

Well, I'm done. But if anyone else has any positive stories on a more personal note about well known figures, maybe drop it in the comments. I suppose we wouldn't have the drama if I denied the opportunity for some real life negative stories, but perhaps don't make quite as big an effort on the bad ones, this time around...


I read the news today, oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph...

--Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Comments

  1. Scrubone manages one upmanship in fine form, with a post tonight on Ron Mark, who helps save a life.

    Nice one Ron.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.