Skip to main content

Friday night free for all

Time to chat!

Comments

  1. Good evening - spring must be here, we're having asparagus for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got lots on, still reading when I can. Hope everyone is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi HP,

    I love asparagus. We used to have an asparagus patch, but sadly, it's been grassed over. Garden got too large and I got too busy to maintain it.

    Ciaron,

    It's great you're still around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,

    Yes Andrei - daffodils out and lamost over, so are the fressias and blossom.

    Lucai Maria - aspargus is especially good with Whitestone Windsor Blue chees - just by temselves or as rolls with fresh, thin sliced brown bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah - typo that should be Lucia not Lucai.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And cheese not chees - sigh, must remember to proof read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. themselves - must remember to read whole comment before correcting typos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real bloggers don't think before posting, let alone proof read :-)

    Actually, I tend to write a post, then hit publish and then edit it several times to fix spelling or grammatical errors, and sometimes reword chunks for clarity. I hurry though, my rule is "until some-one comments, I can keep changing it", so I wonder if RSS feeds get my first copy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever noticed when you pull someone up for a typo in a blog comment - you inevitably make one yourself?

    But then blog comments are positively Shakespearian when compared to texting or twitter.

    Which just goes to show how degraded the English Language is becoming.

    I reckon we should make the study of the King James Bible compulsory, improve the language and peoples souls at the same time.

    Never happen though

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, evening all!

    PS: Anyone ever listen to the The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

    A timeless quote was after an "oops" moment, you hear the speaker saying:

    "You can edit that out can't you?"

    "Yeah, no problem"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nah Zen the feed updates - it doesn't really exist until its queried, in reality its just another view of the post, it comes out in XML with an ATOM envelope not formated HTML.

    That being said though aggregators take a copy of the feed so an un-updated version could exist in say Google reader if he took his copy before the update but the change would eventually propagate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I reckon we should make the study of the King James Bible

    I've tried reading it. I get up to the sixth day, and think "gee, I'm exhausted just reading about all this work. I need a rest, and stop there, I just can't go on.

    What happened after that, like on the seventh day?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrei, thanks for clarifying. I'd notice my feeds update eventually, but I'm waiting for the day some-one gets really pissed off about something I've just edited out and makes a comment...

    ReplyDelete
  14. For anyone in need of humour...

    http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's hilarious, although obviously (has to be?) contrived. I saw it a few months ago, and is one of the better ones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's a bit Paul Henry, but...

    http://www.27bslash6.com/chat.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you seen the dancing dog from Chile?

    The dog can really dance her owner - well he is shown up a little.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc9xq-TVyHI

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Ciaron, I've been distracted for a while now skimming that site.

    Some good stuff their. Reminds me a bit of Maddox.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ..oops, "there" what was that about proof reading?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Andrei, that's one party animal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning!
    Autumn here!
    Leaves going brown.
    What a topsy turvy world I am in.


    The worst is when you have made a serious typo in someone's comments, so you repost the corrected words hoping people can still understand your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning!
    Autumn here!
    Leaves going brown.
    What a topsy turvy world I am in.


    The worst is when you have made a serious typo in someone's comments, so you repost the corrected words hoping people can still understand your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Does Fairfax always duplicate his comments?

    Wouldn't want to be around when he breaks wind. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.