Skip to main content

Wireless Power


Wireless power is something that resonates with me. Those pesky cables disturb the Feng Shui of my desk area. So what drives people to invent useful stuff like wireless electricity (or WiTricity)? Some might say necessity:
Professor Soljacic’s inspiration for WiTricity grew out of his frustration at having to find a plug to charge his mobile phone. “It was probably the sixth time that month that I was awakened by my cell phone beeping to let me know that I had forgotten to charge it. It occurred to me that it would be so great if the thing took care of its own charging.”
Sounds like good old fashioned laziness to me. But if it sorts my desk out, I'm not knocking it. Actually, having my phone stop beeping in the middle of the night would be cool too.

Related Link: Click here to read about the breakthrough, or perhaps instead figure out a way of doing it without clicking, and let me know

Comments

  1. You know I am sure I read in something years ago that they had the choice to go wireless or non-wireless right at the beginning when they were deciding how best to supply cities etc. Non-wireless won out; now it's seen as something new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bound to cause cancer - especially in children Zen.

    The more useful and widespread it becomes the more likely this will be.

    Ah well, the old scares are wearing thin we need some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.