Skip to main content

A two edged sword

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

--Aristotle

Think about your habits, and what you repeatedly do. Declare those acts you wish to define yourself by, and work them into habits.   Habits of excellence.

Conversely, chances are bad habits are holding you back. Until you recognise the battle ground, you may give up without a fight.

This is a message for me, but you are welcome to the idea too. Reminds me of the book I chose for the graphic. The ultimate, and perhaps the original of those "guide to life" books.

It's one of those books that might be very different from what you think it might be, should you take the time to read it. It packs a lot of insight into daily living, and the message is just as relevant today as it was back in the 15th century.

Comments

  1. It is a great book. I have a copy in my book shelf. I like the fact you can pick it up, open any page and just read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.