Skip to main content

Friday night free for all

It's that time of week again!

Comments

  1. Good evening, Lucyna. An interesting week culminating in a police shooting, an election date relegating political controversy to the polls .. & pizza & a red ... I'm just not so sure that the latter is sufficient to moderate the former.
    Interesting tho,' that as soon as the msm believe they have a degree of impunity or several degrees of freedom, don't they just 'go for broke.' All in all it is a bit of an indictment on their objectivity ... bunch of 'wussies' really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all very showing Red wine and Pizza but some of us still have to work until 9pm building you a new cellphone network!

    Sb

    ReplyDelete
  3. & if you are able to combine work & play, then all the better, sb.
    & you still want a sympathy vote??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mojo -"that as soon as the msm believe they have a degree of impunity or several degrees of freedom,..."

    Have I missed something about restrictions on media freedom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Lucyna, Mojo, SB and homepaddock.
    Busy day here, building the deck and steps in between showers.
    NZ Herald poll, ten minutes ago:
    Who will you vote for?
    National 63%, Labour 20%, ACT 6%.
    3,700 responses.
    Now, if those figures could reflect the eventual outcome....
    Dreams are cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homepaddock, that so many cues have been 'missed,' & that now there is a little 'blood in the water' there is a 'feeding frenzy.'
    Sort of says it all, doesn't it??
    But then reporters never were 'whiz kids,' for to spend ones life reporting on the lives of others somehow sort of belittles one's own life, experience ... and oh dear, perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everybody, it has still not stopped raining but chinese takeaways from kerikeri are brightening my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chips, pork chops and eggs for me, Barnsley ... for which one can only give heartfelt thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello mojo, sb and kg!

    Yeah, pizza and red wine doesn't really do it for me either. I just like the red and then whatever comes for dinner. It's normally pizza here on Fridays, but I'm hoping we go Japanese tomorrow night, hence saving money by cooking.

    Chicken soup for me (will help me get over my flu or whatever it was) and kids are getting hash browns, crumbed fish and carrot sticks. The husband has to fend for himself tonight as he's still not home from a business trip up north.

    SB, a new phone network! Sound good. Someone has to do it, and I'm glad it's not me. Been there, done that in my younger days. Not on phone networks, but similar things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi BB! Still alive and kicking, I see. Are you 100% yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arrghh! My battery is nearly dead! I need to go plug in (in the lounge) and recharge. I've been blogging from the kitchen using wireless internet and no power connection. I'll be back very soon after dinner since the laptop's no longer on the kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Physically I am 110%, that is, I am still overweight and woefully unfit.
    I am however not overweight and woefully unfit with a chronic illness.
    Everything else is still pear shaped but I am bearing up remarkably well.
    I am now however planning my exit from NZ strategy. I have no confidence that more than half the voting public are not stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mojo - Do n't buy in to Peters' 'the media's after me'

    As Bill Ralston wrote: http://www.businessday.co.nz/blogs/mediascrum/2008/09/08/12155/

    "... it is the media’s job to be critical, look for fault and expose government blunders. That’s our job.

    "I can proudly say I have infuriated every Prime Minister from Sir Robert Muldoon through to Helen Clark. I’ll put money on it that, if he takes power in November, I will have thoroughly annoyed John Key by Christmas."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucyna:SB, a new phone network!

    Yup its the new UMTS/GSM network that is all over the papers the last few months.

    Does everything include make the coffee in the morning!

    Now we just have to make it work

    ops setup.exe just broke!

    Sb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Homepaddock, I have not bought in to that ... bbbuuttt the frequency and quantity of reportings would indicate there is a tad of substance to what I say.
    Often all there is to keep our representatives of democracy honest is the msm, and to say that they struggle in their pursuit of this most honourable of goals is to grossly understate the case.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That would be the phone network they should have built before they shat two thirds of their share price away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting, just found myself humming along with Murray ... a lovely tune.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Evening everyone.
    Pizza and cheap bubbles for me tonight.
    Went to Hell down the road.
    I can think of someone else who should go to Hell.
    But if she does rise from the dead , I too will be going somewhere as warm.
    Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi sb,

    nice to meet a fellow traveller. I've also been doing cellphone networks for a while. Are you doing the Telecom or NZ Comms one?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pull yourself together you ninnies.

    Get out and work for whatever party you think can topple this disreputable shower. Don't bitch about the morass that would come if she is re-elected.

    For once in your life fight for something instead of commenting

    ReplyDelete
  21. Matthew:

    Building the Telecom UMTS/GSM network. You ?

    Sb

    ReplyDelete
  22. What the hell entitles you to call people you've never met a "bunch of ninnies" oroko?
    And what makes you think that we aren't working to help get rid of Labour?
    Or haven't fought for anything?
    Two large, rude and arrogant assumptions there.
    Perhaps you'd care to tell us what you are doing to help get rid of Labour and what things you've fought for instead of commenting?
    Waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Probably, D4J. Similar odour, at least....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi SB,

    the Vodafone one. Are you on the core side, the radio side or transmission?

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.