Skip to main content

Wellintonians have higher rate of STV

Wellingtonians have confirmed they have a higher rate of STV's than FPP. Although very few people admitted to either. I managed to get a hold of the ballot paper, and it explains why the rates go up irrespective of who S-Tees their Vees. Have a look for yourself:


WELLINGTON BALLOT PAPER FOR THE BALLOT
Please place a number on each line, from 1 to 5, where 1 is the most preferred and 5 is the least preferred.

__ I really want FPP

__ I really want STV

__ I had STV but took antibiotics

__ I have been vaccinated against STV

__ I select FPP again, because I've already forgotten that it came up first

__ Continental Breakfast please

__ This is my 2nd choice, even though I've already marked 2 on 3 other items.

__ Yes, I don't think parents should be criminalised for smacking Sue Bradford for the purposes of correction. (Please limit your response to one number only here)


Special Notes:

1. If you vote 1 for FPP and then vote 2 anywhere else, you obviously don't understand FPP and your vote is void.

2. Why did you use A,B,C,D,E to indicate your preference when we asked for numbers? Idiot.

3. All prices includes GST

4. A reminder - politicians are not voted off the island with this ballot form. Unfortunately, you can only vote for people you wish to elect, rather than ones you wish to eject.

5. Yes, we know turnout would be higher if voters could vote people out of parliament. That's called the WLV (Weakest Link Voting System) and has two technical issues with implementation:
A. The politicians will not vote for it.
B. The computers could not cope with a 100% voter turnout.

Related Link: Wellingtonians come down with STV

Comments