Skip to main content

Back from a retreat this weekend

I was away at a retreat this weekend. It was a silent retreat where the purpose was to spend time with Our Lord, talking and listening to him and what he wants us to do next. Well, for me, I had to really understand what to do next with Confession. I've taken notes from this really cool book on frequent confession, which really goes into how to use Confession to help conquer venial sin.

This was the weekend where some guy made worldwide news with his prediction that that those that deserved it would get raptured, ie taken up to heaven while everyone else on earth would be left to the mercy of destructive forces through earthquakes. I did have the passing thought that if in the unlikely event that the world did end, then I was in the right place.

I was spending time with God and my Confession that I made on Saturday afternoon was a good one. If I was going to die, I was going to die in a state of grace. Which is really how each day should be lived, because we really don't know which day will be our last.

The last couple of times I've come back from Retreat, I've bought the kids a pet. Not this year!

Comments