Skip to main content

Minor thoughts and minor conversations

OK, so I'm rehashing old posts from Sir Humphrey's. Still, it's often not the posts that are anything special. It's the weird conversations that follow. Am I the only sensible person in the world?


19 Oct 2005 - Minor Thoughts
No posts from ZenTiger for a wee while. Work. Accounts. Feeble excuses. Meanwhile, have some randomly collected thoughts:

* Which is worse: Ignorance or Apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
* If God hadn't wanted us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?
* There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works.
* If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? how intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck? (Linda Ellerbee)
* If winners never quit, and quitters never win...then why do we say quit while you're ahead?
* I couldn't live in Switzerland, They poke holes in my cheese.
* All things considered, insanity may be the only reasonable alternative.
* I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

--------------------------

Phil U said...
off topic(?) i know..but isn't it a bit of a hoot..those rightwing christian plagarists over at maxim..eh..?

ZenTiger said...
Plagiarists? What, they've stolen the bird flu now have they?

But point taken. Not really a hoot, more a case of "extremely bad form".

Still, the Greens will probably appreciate their efforts to recycle information.

Gooner said...
Not a good look Phil. Doh!

Roger said...
That Maxim thing is bollocks. The phrase "A government big enough to give you everything you want..." has been around for eons. Who the hell knows who said/wrote it first? It has been used by millions of people for goodness sake. What a load of poo.

IN regard to your question about God/animals/and meat, Zen, I would say that humans are made of meat also. Is that a sign from God that we are supposed to eat each other?

Antarctic Lemur said...
Good comeback Roger. Unfortunately Zen is very busy, so may not have the time to answer.

ZenTiger said...
Yep, I don't have time to answer. But I will, because I find Roger's comment so err, Rogerish.

These are a list of randomly "collected" thoughts. The word collected is to clarify that I am not trying to plagiarise, these are just slightly funny (to me at least) one-liners I've come across that I plonked down for people's amusement.

The eating meat line makes as much sense as poking holes in Swiss cheese, and the "who knows, who cares" response to ignorance and apathy. In context, or even out of it, it is meant as a joke. Hah. Hah.

Humour.

But to answer your question Roger, yes, it must be a sign from God that we should eat each other. Absolutely. However, should you decide God so directs you, please tell the judge it was THE God, not ZenTiger, who is, after all, just a God. I do not profess to be THE God, and I am not suggesting you eat meat.

But I caution you to my final line:

"I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter"

Why is that so appropriate at Sir Humphrey's?

Roger said...
I know it was a joke, but there's no way I can make you believe that so I won't try. It's just a reflex of mine to answer someone anytime they say anything about eating meat.

I get the impression AL was being sarcastic, but I don't know him well enough to judge. Although it is strange for him to say something nice so that should be a sign.

ZenTiger said...
Sorry to bust your chops over the meat thing Roger. I don't really have a beef with you.

I suspected it was a case of foot in mouth, and I thought you'd tried to bite off more than you can chew. I was nearly prepared to steak my reputation you had made a pavlovian response to respond to the text of the message, not the meaning.

Still, my response was not lamb dressed up as mutton, I did take the time to re-veal my reasoning.

You must learn to resist this lemming-like desire to reacting to the words rather than the message.

Maybe a change of diet would help? Perhaps more protein? Can I recommend the fillet steak, medium rare with a red wine jus?

Roger said...
I don't think lemmings have ever reacted to words, or messages.

By the way, what's with American soldiers burning dead bodies?

ZenTiger said...
You are not familiar with the species of lemming that infests Sir Humphrey's then?

And the phrase is "eating dead burnt bodies", and around here you need to cite Arlo Guthrie if you are going to make statements like that.

And I have no idea what you are talking about. I really am busy.

By the way, what's with that estimate Saddam killed like, 500,000 people? That sounds like a lot, doesn't it? Still, I've heard higher.

Roger said...
Saddam who? I hear that 70,000,000 Chinese died thanks to Mao.

ZenTiger said...
Bad form to show such racism "thanks to Mao". It was no thanks to Mao that they died.

A lefty wouldn't understand the importance of saying "Freedom fries, a Bill of Rights Burger, covered with capitalism sauce and for God's sake (remember God - he thinks we should eat meat) hold the Mao"

Roger said...
I have no idea what you are on, but its obviously very good.

Comments