Skip to main content

Friday Night Free for All

Grrrr! That's the official mood on my reaction to considering charges to the man who defended his life from an armed criminal. Recent news that the Police will not be charging him do not diminish the outrage we need to vent at our Police and Politicians to change this attitude.

This in the same week that a women recounts how she had to fight for her life against a kidnapper who ordered her into the boot of the car. "I will die if I get in the boot" (trunk for our American and Canadian friends) she thought, and for good reason. So when a cop says "just roll over" without a rider clause that you are entitled to fight for your life we can think of this poor women who had to make a tough call.

This in the same week that the Justice Department announce it is too hard to collect fines of those repeat offenders and lowlifes that don't pay them, so they will not bother enforcing the penalty prescribed under the law. What a message to crooks. What a message to victims.

Now lets try hauling this policeman and his management before the court to decide if his actions were 'permissible' in threatening a citizen with court action. Hey - don't take it personally, it's just a procedure to go through to make sure Police are not behaving improperly. See what I mean? Not nice, is it?

So Grrrr! it remains.

Grrrr! again as I think back through several similar incidents, and our challenge is to remind the politicians and justice system that they need to do their job. Serve us.

Other than that, and aside from a couple of minor calamities, it was an OK week. Stop in and have a chat. Or just add Grrrr! in support if you have other plans.

Comments

  1. I will take my chances in front of a jury rather than submit.
    Good evening, I have a housefull making homemade pizza, it is getting cooler and I may need to wear socks tonight!
    Happy May day.
    I managed to persuade fairfacts to not try and morris dance this morning but it was a close run thing.
    Oh, and I have a Bumper karaoke episode tonight (by reader request).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barnsley, perhaps you can speculate on the titles being sung at the various Labour faction Karaoke events this evening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening all.
    It's good news that Mr. Jiang won't be charged but let's keep up the pressure on our lords and masters to get rid of the rubbish about 'proportional response'. There's no such damn thing when faced with an armed robber or a home invasion at three in the morning.
    Taking a break from gib-stopping and sanding and painting here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy all. I totally agree KG. Where's Mr Jiang's Public Service medal?

    Anyway, Pizza and misc, back later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm...misc!...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too right!

    Misc beer, misc snaks, and misc-alculated how much to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have noted a resounding silence (from the police) on the matter of the person accidentally shot by police earlier in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Enquiries are continuing'.
    And of course they'll continue to be continuing until the public has lost all interest and sense of outrage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evening people, into the 5th month of 2009, I can hear 2010 around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2010? I can't be that old. I still haven't grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You mean to say age and growing up are somehow connected?
    I'm in big trouble....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bedtime. This holiday business is very tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi all, and goodnight KG.

    I'm officially having a bad day. To top it all off, the retreat I thought I was going to this weekend is next week. On the positive side, at least I'm not a week late.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodnight Lucyna--I hope your bad day ends better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks KG. I'm sure it will. I've had enough of the bad day for now. Zen, that is what I've decided to do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Evening all.

    Winter's arived - lit the first fire of the year last night.

    HOpe tomorrow's a much better day Lucyna.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What are we drinking tonight everyone? Matt and I have abandoned our usual shiraz and are indulging in gin and tonic.

    Are any of you Auckland based bloggers going to next week's bloggers drinks? I just wouldn't mind a few more there to balance out Matt and Not PC's inevitable argument about the existence of beer coasters....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, HP!

    Hi Madeleine, nothing alcoholic tonight. I was expecting not to drink, and I'm keeping with that, even though it's supposed to be next week. A nice Black Adder tea will go down well, though.

    And our mouse is happy. He's running on a very clean wheel and has fresh food and newspaper. It's normally the squeaky wheel that reminds me that my 12yo son, who has gone to bed, has forgotten to change the food bowl and clean the wheel. But, the mouse and I get on well, so no big drama.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the Grrrr! Madeline. Much appreciated.

    The jungle shall not be quiet tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.