Skip to main content

Friday night free for all

Comments

  1. Tough night for Lewis Holden.

    DPF is probably a little irritable about it as well.

    So who's watching the Royal wedding and who's not - eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zen, Lucia check your E-Mails I just sent you something interesting and wonder what you make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My farmer and I have just had a discussion on rugby vs the wedding. He's watching the rugby and I'm watching the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning everyone.
    It will be wedding for me, though I might have the laptop on my knee at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrei,

    Most likely miraculous!

    Hi HP and FFM,

    I wasn't going to look, but I better now. At least to see the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "At least to see the dress."

    And for the music.

    And for the pomp and ceremony.

    And because I'm a romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A romantic Ele;
    I'd have never guessed from your posts over the past few days.

    I take it you saw the Rolls Royce on it's way to pick up the blushing bride - and I hope you have an ample supply of tishies for the copious tears that will be emitted if you are like someone I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucia;
    When I got that, my initial thought was to blog it then and there, but given the nature of some people I didn't want it... Well you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evening all. Home after a long busy day, and a pile of work to do tonight. But first a glass of wine and check the blogs. --Andrei, just saw the email alert - will check that too in a mo.

    Saw 5 minutes of the Campbell live discussion panel on the wedding, Kate and Kate's virginity status and other sundry matters. The whole inane chit-chat on personal matters seemed far too unseemly - I guess the "chattering classes" (low class journalists) must get their entertainment somewhere, but it's guaranteed I will simply wait for the news summary in a few days rather than endure any of this rubbish.

    And the guy on the panel with the strange haircut (not Campbell, the other guy) - looks like his hair has just been watered and starting to grow, or perhaps that it's the subject of a terrorist attack or something. Some-one send him a comb. Perhaps an official wedding souvenir comb that is undoubtedly available for purchase from selected vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no - just saw Posh Spice's hat or is she Victoria Beckham these days?

    Anyway if you didn't see it - here it is in all its glory

    ReplyDelete
  11. The talkfest from TV3 is so tedious. I'll have to check back in half an hour.

    HP, I'm a romantic too, but not over this. That whole, she's not a virgin so everything should turn out!?? The problem is, people who live together before the marriage are far more likely to split up. And, wearing white is supposed to be reserved for virgins, otherwise it's just a mockery of the whole thing!

    Ok, I'm a bit bah-humbug over the whole thing. I should zip it about now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrei,

    I don't blame you for holding it back. We'd probably need to have a completely different blog for something like that. We're on the front line, here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a good day, today. Finally got out in the garden after all the rain and pulled out weeds and spent flowers, and even trimmed some of the hedge. The term starts next week, I feel the pressure to get stuff done, and there's so much. I hardly knew where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and an enormous amount of laundry was washed and dried yesterday and today. Better go fold some more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julia Gillard’s hat eh???????????????

    What was she thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no - just saw Posh Spice's hat

    Maybe she has the same hairstyle as the guy on Campbell and decided to cover it up?

    Oh, I just looked at it. Did she staple it to her forehead? The attached aerial was a master stroke. I bet her phone gets great reception.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can feel my brain cells melting just commenting about this. Back to my work I go, before I am rendered senseless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Campbell and co commented on John Key and his wife, and how great they looked. I must have blinked and missed them. But did they show them to us again as they talked about them? No. They really need to let the British commentators talk again, they were far more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. " I hope you have an ample supply of tishies for the copious tears "

    I'm not usually a wedding crier - though did have a nearly moist-eye moment at one at which I was the celebrant when I noticed the bride, her sister, mother and mother-in-law to be were all a bit teary.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I better head into the lounge with the whanau.
    The laptop has been banished as it annoys mum.
    Catch you later.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Make that a bucket big enough for two!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was transformed! It was beautiful! I certainly hope they can keep those vows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.