Skip to main content

Initiation

The Culture Vulture has a very cool clip of a great guitar solo in the style of Trance music. I thought I'd return the favour of great guitar solos with this absolute experience by Tommy Emmanuel - an aboriginal story of a boy's journey to manhood, as told from white fella to black fella. If it's not your thing, try to hang in there for at least 4 minutes. If you thought it was worth it, please leave a comment.

I've seen Tommy Emmanuel perform this live twice, and both times were simply incredible.

I still remember with clarity the time I first saw this performance, and was gob-smacked. It was a clear sky, perfect kind of day that Sydney is used to, and I was with friends at an open air concert in the Sydney botanical gardens, and life was very good. In amongst the relaxed crowds doing their thing, with half an ear to the talent, this!

I can't give you that atmosphere, but here's a strong hint. Enjoy, and in the words of Tommy - "Don't be scared"


Comments