Skip to main content

How to engender trust in politics

I've just been listening to the interviews on NewsTalkZB, first with ousted leader of ACT, Rodney Hide and then the ouster, his "friend", Don Brash.

I could hear in Larry Williams' voice a difficulty in believing Don Brash that he didn't regret anything in the way he took over his friend's job. Why would I, asked Don?

What is going on in the background, it looks to me like a game of chess is in play, and the results need to be sold to the country. We are now going to forget how Don Brash became leader of ACT, how he betrayed his friend, and vote for him as the best man to "give National a spine".

Comments

  1. I'm not going to say what I'm thinking but suffice it to say that I am seriously contemplating voting Labour to keep that man off the treasury Benches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodney has acted the true professional and appears to be considering the best for ACT.

    I don't get that feeling from Brash. I don't see Brash as the strong Conservative political lifeline others see in him.

    The way Brash handled this, and the early talk of getting in Banksie all smacks of the usual political mishandling of firing guns early expecting hits without aiming.

    Interesting times for ACT and the media will be wetting themselves with all of the news value of them having a new target for their biases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrei,

    Yeah, I'm holding back as well.

    Suffice to say, I don't think it will make a difference if you vote for National or Labour (or ACT). We need outsiders.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.