Skip to main content

Drama

This morning details of ministerial and MPs’ expenses of all MPs have been released for the last three months of last year.

This morning John Key who was in Christchurch cancelled all his appointments in that city and began to wing his way back to Wellington.

This morning Phil Heatley called a press conference in his office and announced he was resigning his portfolios.

What comes next?

Update

Phil Heatley states
"Furthermore, I have submitted my accounts to the office of the Auditor-General to conduct an independent inquiry and I expect those results to be made public in due course.

"I have no desire to become the focus of distraction for this Government."
This is personal responsibility and accountability on display in my view.

Pity we haven't seen more of it in recent times.

Comments